Thursday, January 6, 2011

Moved to Maryland from Washington State

My name is Erica, I'm a mom of 3 boys. We just moved in the last 3 weeks to beautiful Mount Airy Maryland from snowy Spokane Washington.

Back Home in Spokane my sister Kersten and I had a little shop called Ellavines Whimsey Inc. The name Ellavine is from my Great-Grandmother. Her name was Ella Ellavine Lee. She was an amazing woman from Norway. We took her name as the name of the shop because she was a creative do'er, and we are too. My Poppa and Grandma Jeanne could never resist a bargain, and always picked up pieces secondhand to fill their lovely home. We learned early to decorate on a budget.

I plan to share some of my tricks and tips on how to find the best deals and greatest items at Thrift Stores and Garage Sales. I've been doing it for over 12 years, and must say am working on perfecting my skills. I will be talking about how to dicker, what to look for, what makes it a bargain. And what you shouldn't ever buy secondhand.

I want to explore the east coast, and share some good picking spots. I'm also planning on posting finds of the week. My friends back home now will have to look at my goodies digitally rather than stop by the house to see them.

The adventure starts. I'm off to New Market Maryland today with my little Guy Oliver. He's my hunting buddy. I start them young.  Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment